Setting Our Teens Up for Success, With Engaging Programs Promoting Academics, Citizenship and Positive Behaviors
The Teen Center
Location: Collins Middle School
Monday through Friday 2-8 p.m. (Half Days - Club opens at 11:30 a.m.)
*Please note: The Club follows the Salem Public School, half day schedule and does not accommodate all Salem High School early dismissals.
We are also open during February and April Vacation Weeks and full professional development days from 8:00-5:30 p.m.
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Salem - Teen Center, is for youth ages thirteen to eighteen years old, and is located at our main site, Collins Middle School, 29 Highland Ave. Our primary goal is to provide Youth a safe and fun environment with programs, events and activities that foster the development of good character and leadership and prepare youth to become career and college ready. Our Club engages in a Formula for Impact that ensures that success is within reach of every young person who walks through our doors with all members promoted from one grade to the next and on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle. This Formula is accomplished by employing caring adult professionals, utilizing nationally tested programs including those that are evidence-based, and understanding that we are “Powered by the Community.” Our mission is to “Value, Inspire and Nurture Youth.”
The following are teen programs currently offered:
- Keystone (Mondays) Keystone is the Boys & Girls Club most dynamic teen program. It affords teens an opportunity to gain valuable leadership and service experience. They conduct activities in three areas: academic success, career exploration and community service.
- Golf (Tuesdays) Teens learn fundamentals of Golf at the Ferncroft Country Club
- SATV (Tuesdays starting November) Salem Access Television
- Diploma's to Degrees (Wednesdays) National Boys & Girls Club of America college readiness program that provides a range of services to guide Club members as they work toward high school graduation and prepare for post-secondary education and career success. Topics include: Financial Aid, Application process etc. Members will be taken on College Tours and Colleges Fairs as part of the program.
- Ladies Room (Thursdays) Teen Girl Group
- Trivia Night (Fridays) Teen members engage in a fun interactive Trivia Game hosted by our Teen Director. Teens are broken up into groups and answer questions from all different categories. Weekly prizes are given to the winning team.
- Youth of the Year (starting January 2018) Youth of the Year is a National Boys & Girls Club Program that recognizes youth that attend the Club regularly and embody values of leadership, service, academic excellence and healthy lifestyles. The member exemplifies the impact that B&G Clubs have on the lives of young people.
- Next Generation (starting March 2018) Basketball League
- Open Gym (Daily when gym available)